Tue, 28. Feb. 2023 Rothe, Hannes
One open positions for research assistant (f/d/m, 100%, pre- or postdoc, until 12/2024)
We are looking for an "Incubation Service Designer:in" (GUIDE PLUS) who is excited about digital transformation of incubation and acceleration for digital and sustainable ventures.
The University of Duisburg-Essen (UDE) at the Essen Campus, in the Faculty of Business Administration and Economics, Chair of Information Systems and Sustainable Supply Chain Management is looking for
one research assistant at universities (f/d/m) in pre- or post-doc
(pay group 13 TV-L, 100 %)
From personalized medicine over programmatic advertising to AI platforms for digital art - the influence of digital technologies on ecomic and social fields of action is omnipresent. Under the slogan "Towards X Futures", we at the Chair of Information Systems and Sustainable Supply Chain Management explore the intersection between Digital Transformation and Socio-Ecological Transformation. Through the management of the GUIDE Co-Creation Lab Digital at the University of Duisburg-Essen, we also bear responsibility for supporting digital start-up projects at the UDE and thus participate in the fields of action ourselves. We directly accompany the development of digital products and services and research their economic, ecological and social impact.
- You will perform research tasks in the areas of digital innovation and digital entrepreneurship.
- As "Incubation Service Designer:in" in the GUIDE PLUS project, you will further develop services for the development and maturation of digital start-up projects (so-called pre-incubation of digital start-ups). Together we want to digitize existing services of (pre-)incubation.
- Together with the chair team, you will develop digital content at the Co-Creation Lab Digital. For this purpose, you will have access to a green screen studio, for instance.
- You will publish findings from your work in international publication media and conferences. You regularly exchange ideas in national and international networks.
- You will be involved in the implementation and execution of teaching events.
Above-average university degree in business informatics, media informatics or business administration of at least 8 semesters of regular study time.
- Knowledge in one or more of the following areas: Digital Entrepreneurship, Digital Innovation, Systems Engineering, Machine Learning, AR/XR/VR, Audio or Video Production, Digital Arts, and Human-Computer Interaction.
- Experience with one or more of the following methods: Design Science Research, exploratory-quantitative data analysis (using Stata, Python or R), qualitative-empirical methods (e.g. case study, interviews).
- You work independently.
- You have a very good command of English (German desirable).
You can expect:
- You will have the opportunity to develop your own scientific qualifications.
- a diversified, multifaceted field of activity in a lively work area with international exchange
- an interesting, responsible job with great creative potential, in which you will get to know the diverse tasks and developments of research transfer and have contacts with almost all areas of the UDE
- a non-discriminatory working environment with respectful, appreciative cooperation
- a pleasant working atmosphere in a dynamic team
- the possibility to do a doctorate with numerous support offers
- family-friendly care for your children and advice on your caregiving responsibilities
- a broad range of advanced training and continuing education opportunities, individual training
- attractive sports and health offers (university sports)
- the possibility to work from home office according to your needs
Starting date of appointment immediately
Contract duration until 31.12.2024
Working hours 100% percent of a full-time position (part-time employment is possible)
Application deadline 26.03.2023
Please send your application with the usual documents to Prof. Dr. Hannes Rothe, University of Duisburg-Essen, Faculty of Economics, Universitätsstraße 9, 45117 Essen, e-mail sabrina.schuetz (at) icb.uni-due.de, phone 0201 183 6790, quoting reference number 110-23.