Tue, 28. Feb. 2023 Rothe, Hannes
Two open positions for research assistants (f/d/m, 100%, 3 years)
We are looking for digital "innovation scouts" who are excited about digital innovation and entrepreneurship towards sustainable futures.
The University of Duisburg-Essen (UDE) at the Essen Campus, in the Faculty of Business Administration and Economics, Chair of Information Systems and Sustainable Supply Chain Management is looking for
two research assistants at universities (f/d/m)
(pay group 13 TV-L, 100 %)
From personalized medicine over programmatic advertising to AI platforms for digital art - the influence of digital technologies on ecomic and social fields of action is omnipresent. Under the slogan "Towards X Futures", we at the Chair of Information Systems and Sustainable Supply Chain Management explore the intersection between Digital Transformation and Socio-Ecological Transformation. Through the management of the GUIDE Co-Creation Lab Digital at the University of Duisburg-Essen, we also bear responsibility for supporting digital start-up projects at the UDE and thus participate in the fields of action ourselves. We directly accompany the development of digital products and services and research their economic, ecological and social impact.
- You will perform research tasks in the fields of digital innovation and digital entrepreneurship.
- As an "innovation scout", you track down promising ideas and founders at UDE.
- Together with students, PhD students, postdocs or corporate partners, you will test the use of novel digital technologies such as AI or Machine Learning or Augmented Reality or VR/XR in workshops.
- By closely accompanying start-up projects, you will deal with data-based service, product and business model design in a practical manner.
- You will publish findings from your work in international publications and conferences. You regularly exchange ideas in national and international networks.
- You are involved in the implementation and execution of courses and administrative tasks.
above-average university degree in business informatics or business administration of at least 8 semesters of regular study time
- Knowledge in one or more of the following topics: Digital Entrepreneurship, Digital Innovation, Digital Platforms, Systems Engineering, Machine Learning and AR/XR/VR.
- Experience with one or more of the following methods: exploratory-quantitative data analysis (using Stata, Python, or R), qualitative-empirical methods (e.g., case study, interviews), and design science research
- You work independently.
- You have a very good command of English (German desirable).
You can expect:
- You will have the opportunity to develop your own scientific qualifications.
- a diversified, multifaceted field of activity in a lively work area with international exchange
- an interesting, responsible job with great creative potential, in which you will get to know the diverse tasks and developments of research transfer and have contacts with almost all areas of the UDE
- a non-discriminatory working environment with respectful, appreciative cooperation
- a pleasant working atmosphere in a dynamic team
- the possibility to do a doctorate with numerous support offers
- family-friendly care for your children and advice on your caregiving responsibilities
- a broad range of advanced training and continuing education opportunities, individual training
- attractive sports and health offers (university sports)
- the possibility to work from home office according to your needs
Starting date of appointment immediately
Contract duration limited to 3 years (option of extension)
Working hours 100% percent of a full-time position (part-time employment is possible)
Application deadline 26.03.2023
Please send your application with the usual documents to Prof. Dr. Hannes Rothe, University of Duisburg-Essen, Faculty of Economics, Universitätsstraße 9, 45117 Essen, e-mail sabrina.schuetz (at) icb.uni-due.de, phone 0201 183 6790, quoting reference number 109-23.