Mon, 23. Oct. 2023 Tomasz Waliczko
Women Innopreneurship Month 2023 at UDE
Throughout this month-long event, we aim to recognize and empower women in various business sectors, showcasing their remarkable journeys, insights, and successes therewith presenting various role models encouraging and inspiring future entrepreneurs and leaders.
The theme of Women Innopreneurship Month 2023 centers around global diversity and collaboration. We have curated a series of engaging panel discussions to highlight the experiences and perspectives of women entrepreneurs from different parts of the world.
WIM 23 will be open on November 2nd with an engaging discussion panel with German and foreign Female entrepreneurs who operate their business in Germany. Four Entrepreneurs will address the opportunities and challenges they face during their startup career. Panel will be followed by short networking event for all the participants.
Our speakers on November 2nd:
- Dr Britta Julia Dombrowe, Programme Lead Startup Activities, Initiativkreis Ruhr
- Janwillem Huda, Start-up Coach and Project Coordinator at Female Academic Entrepreneurs at RUB (FACE@RUB)
- Mirjam Gawellek, Impact Entrepreneur und founder of ecoscoring
- Livia Zimermann, FMCG Startup Founder
The event will take place on November 2nd at 17:00 at the RuhrHUB, Lindenallee 10, Essen.
During the second week, on November 9th thanks the support of the German Centre for Research and Innovation (DWIH) New Delhi we are honored to host a panel discussion featuring inspiring women from India. These accomplished entrepreneurs will share their stories, challenges, and triumphs, providing invaluable insights into the vibrant business landscape of India and the unique experiences of women in the country.
Our speakers on November 9th:
- Dr Hifza Afaq, Co-Founder & Chief Technology Officer of Kaarigar Mandi, a platform to connect artisans in Agra making handmade shoes with demand centers across India.
- Dr Sailaja Nori, Co-Founder and Chief Scientific Officer at Sea6Energy
- Drishti Medhi, Co-Founder of QuickGhy , a platform providing training to blue collared workforce across several sectors and connecting them to job opportunities in maintenance services for both B2B and B2C segments.
The event will take place on November 9th at 14:00 at the RuhrHUB, Lindenallee 10, Essen.
Moving into the third week, on November 16th we will shift our focus to Ukraine, bringing together a dynamic group of women leaders who have made significant strides in various industries. Through their panel discussion, we will gain a deeper understanding of the Ukrainian business ecosystem and the remarkable achievements of women entrepreneurs in the region.
Our speakers on November 16th:
- Professor Marina Kravchenko, Dean of the Faculty of Management and Marketing, National Technical University of Ukraine «Igor Sikorsky Kyiv Polytechnic Instistute»
- Viktoria Grygorieva, Co-founder of the Ukrainian Women's Union in Germany (German «Ukrainische Frauen Union in Deutschland»)
- Kristina Kostianchuk, brand manager in the First Private Brewery in Kyiv
The event will take place on November 16th at 16:00 at the University of Duisburg-Essen Library Building, Universitätsstraße 9-11, 45141 Essen, R11 T07 C73.
In the last week, on November 23rd our attention turns to Japan. Thanks the support of the German Center for Research and Innovation (DWIH) Tokyo we will have the privilege of hearing from businesswomen who have carved their paths in one of the world's most innovative and technologically advanced economies. The panel discussion will shed light on the challenges and opportunities faced by women entrepreneurs in Japan, as well as the inspiring solutions they have implemented to thrive in the business world.
Our speakers on November 23rd:
- Dr. Amina Sugimoto, CEO and Founder of fermata.inc
- Miho Tanaka, Founder of Startup Work Inc.
- Chika Yamamoto, CEO CROSSBIE
The event will take place on November 23th at 10:00 online.
Link to the event: https://uni-due.zoom-x.de/j/64056630828?pwd=dlhwVGpWZHZTK1lxV1ZvTWoraGtBZz09
We invite you to join us throughout WIM 23 as we celebrate the achievements, resilience, and innovation of women in business, fostering a supportive and inclusive environment for aspiring and established entrepreneurs alike. Let us come together to champion the power of diversity, collaboration, and female leadership in shaping a more prosperous and equitable future for all.
Save the date and join our hybrid events at UDE campus in Essen and online!
The number of offline participants is limited, first come, first served. Online registration will open on Oktober 20.
Learn more and meet the speakers on our Instagram.
Are there any questions left? Contact us!